Thursday, June 23, 2016

Daddy's Day












     I know Father's Day has come and gone but dads are special every day of the year. I am so thankful to have a supportive and caring father. I know a lot of people are not as blessed in that sense. Fun fact: my dad actually taught me to read. Although, I wasn't very thankful at the time, I am now since I decided to pursue a career essentially in reading. I used to cry and beg not to read those little "I am Sam" books. I'm always thankful he pushed me and wouldn't let me stop until I accomplished a goal. This year for Father's Day I wanted to commemorate the goals he helped me achieve. I took an "I am Sam" book, a note, a picture of when I was five, and a picture from law school graduation and had it all matted/framed. Daddy helped me reach a dream even though he didn't know it at the time, neither did I.
     I grew up on a farm so my dad also taught me how to take care of animals. I am an animal lover, no doubt. I want to pet all the dogs and hug all the furry animals. So for this little daddy's day shoot, we decided to do it on the farm with this sweet little donkey. She is seriously the sweetest animal on the planet. I've wanted a pet donkey for a long time (have you seen a miniature donkey??!!). I'd be happy to ride my donkey to any law related job (haha, watch me!). Anyway, we had a great time shooting this (even though Dad isn't so sure about modeling).
      Finally, if you don't have a dad on earth that is special to you or even if you do...I encourage you to look to your Heavenly Father. He is the prime example of true fatherhood. It's a love without end; unconditional. He cares for you, wants you to prosper, and hurts when you hurt. Over the past few weeks, I've seen people suffer, both nationwide and locally. I am prone to want to help, but only God can provide the comfort people need in this world. He can provide the love of an all-star parent. Pray, read the Bible, and seek Him. Seek and ye shall find.
     I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day and enjoy this beautiful weekend!



[Dress]: Fab'rik, similar Red Dress Boutique, [Shoes]: Target, [Earrings]: Kendra Scott, [Bracelet]: Fab'rik, [Watch]: Apple Watch,  [Sunglasses]: Ray Ban, [Dad's Shirt]: Gap, [Dad's Sunglasses]: Maui Jims

** Click photos for outfit details. Accessories are linked on earlier posts. Questions? Email me at diamondsonhersoul@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home