Tuesday, June 14, 2016

It's My Party














     PSA:  my birthday is coming up next week! The big 2-6! I love celebrating birthdays and any other "holiday."  Usually our family takes a trip to Disney and I celebrate at Magic Kingdom. I mean what better way than to be at the happiest place on earth? However, this year is a little different and more low-key but I'm still excited. So today I'm sharing 10 things you may or may not know about me, especially if you are new to my blog.

1) My favorite color is blue.  I don't know why but everyone always thinks it's pink. I must look like a pink kinda gal. I specially love turquoise. I have so many clothes that color. My bedroom at my parents house is even painted that color. Hence, my blog colors.

2) I actually have an undergraduate degree in biology. I was always interested in anatomy and how the body worked. However,  I had a little change of heart and decided to go to law school but I'm thankful for the hard work and determination that being a biology major taught me.

3) I grew up on a farm. I know, me? Yep. We had cows, chickens, and horses. I'm a huge lover of animals, which probably comes from growing up around so many animals. I still love driving out of the city and hitting the country roads.

4) I am an only child. So no only child jokes... jk. But seriously, I kind of wish I had siblings to bond with but I had a great childhood. So, I can't complain too much.

5) Dateline is my favorite show. Apparently I didn't get enough law in law school. Seriously, all my friends make fun of me because I watch it every week or record it. I even get texts from NBC about what show is coming on (yes, it's a thing) and I follow dateline on twitter. Keith Morrison was born for that job.

6) I am an Alpha Xi Delta. I loved being a sorority. It's how I met my husband and how I made some of my closest friends. I am thankful for the experience and getting to meet really awesome girls from my sorority and others.

7) My favorite book and movie is The Great Gatsby. I loved it when we read it in high school and still love it. When the movie came out, we had to see in theaters. It's been out a few years but if it is ever on television I will watch. I have probably seen it a million times but I'd watch it a million more.

8) I'm gluten free. I have been gluten free for two years. It was super hard at first but now I have adjusted and it makes me feel so much better. Thankfully more foods are coming out gluten free. I do miss the occasional doughnut or pasta. Can someone please make a gf doughnut?? Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Doughnuts.. I'm talking to you.

9) I love to dance. I started dancing when I was two. I really enjoyed ballet and contemporary style dance. I was on competitive teams for years. My senior year I won platinum for my solo. My parents still have all my costumes and dance shoes. I miss dancing but I still dance in my kitchen or with my dogs.

10) Hootie and the Blowfish is my favorite band. I'm a total 90's girl. Last August, Evan and I got to see them live in Charleston, SC. It was on my bucket-list. Hearing "Only Wanna Be With You" live was unforgettable.

     Have an awesome week and weekend! Click on photos for direct links to products.




[Tee]: ilycouture, [Shorts]: One Teaspoon, [Sneakers]: Converse, [Colorful Bracelets]: Perlaarm Candy, [Silver Bracelets]: David Yurman, [Sunglasses]: Ray Bans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home