Thursday, August 25, 2016

Summer or Fall?











     Can you believe fall is right around the corner?  Almost time for cozy sweaters, boots, and scarfs. Today's post is to help ease some pieces into your wardrobe that you can wear now and when fall hits. Here in North Carolina, it has been a very HOT summer! We are still in the 90's! However, in a few weeks...that will start to change. This past week, I went shopping (caught the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale) and noticed everything out in stores were fall pieces even though it's 90 degrees outside. I'm so tempted to buy fall items and wear them immediately. That's when I thought of this blog post!
     I remember in college I would walk to class and be freezing and by the time I left class it was 80 degrees out (and I looked ridiculous in my sweater and scarf). So today's post is how to buy items for now and later. This top is perfect for the now and later. Side note: the back is so adorable!! The top is linked in all pictures. For a summer look, I can pair it several ways. Like pictured here, I pair it with white pants for a polished look for dinner. However, on a more casual day, I pair it with distressed jean shorts. For fall, pair the top with dark denim or leggings. This top can easily be worn with a faux fur vest for a more chic look.  So here are a few summer/fall in-between tips:

(1) Pair a Long Sleeve Shirt with Shorts: I love bell-sleeved tops or embroidered tops to pair with your favorite pair of jean shorts. The look is so complementary. I can grab cute sandals for a quick errand or wedges for a more polished look. You can still beat the heat and bring in some of those fall pieces you've been dying to wear. This is currently my outfit of choice.

(2) Wear White Pants: Okay, so I still believe in not wearing white after Labor day. I'm a southern girl at heart and that's how I was raised. I'm working on it (so maybe sometime in the future I may wear white after labor day). However, pair those cute fall tops with white jeans. This look is perfect for dinner. I pair with some cute wedges or heels and I'm ready to go.

(3) Open-toe Booties: Open-toe booties are so in style right now! They are so adorable for this in-between weather. You can pair with both looks mentioned above. Likewise, these adorable booties will pair well with dresses for work or church. This look can continue late in the fall. These are an essential wardrobe piece for this fall.

I hope these tips helped you transition from summer to fall! Good luck to everyone starting school this week! Next week, I'll be sharing some organizational tips for students. Have a great weekend!


[Top]: Altar'd State, [Pants]: Just Black [Necklace]: Stella & Dot [Earrings]: Kendra Scott, [Wedges]: Reddress Boutique, [Bracelets}: David Yurman & Fabrik 

** Follow me on instagram @themeganwhite for more pictures. Likewise, follow me by email. Add your email on the home screen for posts straight to your inbox. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home