Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Summer Disney Trip Recap






After a weeklong "surprise" vacation in Disney World, I am back to blogging. I love to share my trip details with ya'll, so I hope you don't mind. I get lots of questions of do's and do not's for Disney, so I enjoy sharing what we did so you can better plan your vacation. This trip was kind of a surprise and wasn't planned until last minute (which some of the best trips are). However, we fit in a lot of celebrating in during a week. My parents celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary (Wow!) and then my mom's birthday. Also, little disclaimer... please excuse some of the photos. My camera decided to not corporate for most of the trip. I believe I have it fixed now for the future. Fingers crossed.




Where We Stayed
During this trip, we stayed at the Fort Wilderness Campground located near Magic Kingdom. Fort Wilderness is a beautiful nature preserve located on Bay Lake. Fort Wilderness has both camping areas and cabins. During our trip, we biked around Fort Wilderness. Talk about burning calories. While we biked we had the opportunity to see all kinds of animals like deer, rabbits, and birds. I really felt like a real Disney princess (even though they didn't talk to me). Fort Wilderness has a pool, miles of walking/biking, horseback riding, fishing, canoes, boating, beaches, and much more. Fort Wilderness is on Disney property and is considered a "Magic Kingdom" resort (because it is so close to Magic Kingdom). You can even watch Magic Kingdom's fireworks from the beach every night.


(Main Street Confectionary) 

(Beach Club)



Where We Ate
Disney Resorts have some of the best food! For my parents' anniversary, we ate at Cape May Cafe. Cape May Cafe is located at the Beach Club near Epcot. Cape May offers seafood but has other options for kids or adults who aren't seafood fans. I love crab legs, so it's always a favorite. For my mom's birthday, we ate at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. My parents love this restaurant because it offers  the best steak. I'm not a steak person but I always love the chicken and dessert. The Yachtsman is more upscale than Cape May Cafe but both are delicious. Make sure to check them out on your next trip.


(Do you spy the Mad Hatter in the background?)

(Kimono: Francescas, Tank: Gap, Shorts: Gap, Necklace: Francescas, Sunglasses: Ray Bans)

(Colorful Bracelets: ShopMelvin, Silver Bracelets: David Yurman, Cross-Ring: BaubleBar)




What I Wore
First of all, kudos to all you Florida bloggers. I have no idea how you make your hair look perfect and can wear anything other than a tank top. During our trip it was around 100 degrees. Excuse the crazy hair.  It's also Disney where you walk around 6 miles a day. So for comfort, I recently purchased these shoes. They are from a company called Bibbidi Bobbidi Bling. They have disney inspired sneakers to complete your Disney look. I am wearing the "White Rabbit". I ordered my mom the  "Wishes" sneakers for her birthday. She is obsessed. Currently, all "Wonderland" sneakers are on sale. Make sure you check it out.  Also, one of my favorite shops, Pretty Little Monograms, has the cutest Disney tees and tanks. So cute for working out or heading to the park. Pretty Little Monograms also offers a variety of other monogrammed items if you aren't a Disney person. My mom and I are wearing the "Home" tanks.


(Top & Bottom: Target)


What We Did
Disney offers so many attractions and are making so many great changes. For a family who goes a few times a year and are annual pass holders, we always find something new to do. First, we saw "The Jungle Book Alive" at Animal Kingdom. The show was beautifully done. It includes Indian dancers, waters, and lasers. If you have kids, this is perfect. However, it will only be in Disney for a limited time. We also did the Safari at Night (go around sunset or it will get too dark). Many of the animals that are low-key during the day were more active. We saw the lions, cheetahs, and even the rhinos were moving more than usual. They must dislike the hot weather too. Finally, if you are going before October-catch the Electrical Parade in Magic Kingdom. The Electrical Parade will be moving out around October.

(Shorts: OneTeaspoon, Hat: Dicks Sporting Goods, Tank: Disney Store)




I hope you all enjoyed the Disney Recap. We will be heading back in October for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. We have so many adventures coming up including Hawaii and Mexico. Stay tuned for more fashion and lifestyle posts. Have a wonderful week!




2 Comments:

At May 7, 2022 at 7:44 PM , Blogger neesa said...

imp sourcei loved this Sourcefind out click sitefrom this source

 
At March 20, 2024 at 1:30 AM , Blogger pg slot said...

PG88 เว็บตรงสล็อตออนไลน์ PG SLOT สล็อตออนไลน์ได้กลายเป็นทางเลือกที่ยิ่งใหญ่และน่าสนใจสำหรับนักพนันในยุคปัจจุบัน PG การเล่นสล็อตผ่านทางอินเทอร์เน็ตนั้นสะดวกสบายและเข้าถึงได้ทุกที่ทุกเวลา

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home