Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Traditions and A Little Luck


















     Happy 2017! First of all, thank you to everyone who supported my blog in 2016. It was a huge step of faith but thanks to everyone's love and support I plan to continue in 2017. I hope you'll continue to support me by subscribing to my blog via email (on the homepage), continue to share my blog, and follow me on my social media sites. I'm excited for great things ahead in 2017.
     I have to share about my love for this Vince Camuto "cold-shoulder" sweater. It is one of the best feeling sweaters and the best "fit" I have found. Vince Camuto is one of my favorite brands. My bridesmaids' shoes for our wedding were Vince Camuto because I love the brand so much. The items are quality and last for years. This sweater was perfect for a little coffee and salted carmel brownie date on New Year's Eve. It was a rainy New Years Eve, so I paired my Hunter boots with the sweater for a cozy look. If you don't want to wear "rain-boots", add some style by wearing some knee length socks which pulls the look together.
    On another note, I'm not sure if you have any New Year traditions but we have a few I thought I would share if you need some extra luck this year. The first is we eat the traditional "New Years" meal which consists of black-eyed peas (represents coins), collard greens (represents money or wealth), and some type of pork (represents progress). Okay, I'm southern so this might be new to you. My Mamaw would make this meal every year and since she has passed away, it has been a favorite tradition to keep. Two new traditions we started this year is burning bayberry candles throughout New Years Day to bring blessings and abundance. The last and silliest thing we did was bang a pot outside the door at midnight to ensure a positive year. This came from my husband's grandmother, and I have to say, it will stay around in years to come (sorry to the neighbors)! The silly traditions are the best and most memorable. Oh, and I can't forget a good new years kiss!
    Enjoy a fresh new start this year. Thank you again for reading. I can't wait to see what 2017 holds for DOHS!


[Sweater]: Vince Camuto, [Rainboots]: Hunter, [Earrings]: Marley Lilly, [Socks]: Free People (Similiar)

** Click on photos for direct links. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home